Kindergarten Registration 2018 - 2019
St. Johns Public Schools offers all day, everyday kindergarten. Children who will be 5 years old on or by September 1, 2018 are eligible to attend school in the fall. New this year will be a Young 5's Program. Students turning 5 after September 2, 2018 up until December 1, 2018 will have an opportunity to attend this program this fall. For more information go to: Young 5 Kindergarten
This year we will be holding an open house style registration process at the Wilson Center in the gymnasium. MARCH 14, 2018 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM. ALL kindergarten families are asked to attend. Principals and kindergarten teachers will be on hand to meet and greet the kindergarten families. Open houses within each building will be held before the first day of school.
For the 2018-2019 school year there will be kindergarten classrooms at Eureka (Pre K-5), Gateway (K-2), and Riley (K-5). Oakview will house our town preschool classrooms along with grades 3-5.
Now is the time to start gathering information to ensure you have all your documents.
All immunizations MUST be up to date before your child may enter kindergarten in the fall. You may call the Mid Michigan District Health Department at 989-224-2195 or your doctor's office now to make sure their records are up to date. Once we have ALL your child's information we will enroll them in a classroom and you will be able to receive correspondence over the summer. This includes information from your child's teacher, bussing information and district wide information about the coming school year.
Below is a Kindergarten Readiness Pamphlet for parents to review. This will give you an idea of some to the expectations of your child in Kindergarten.
To attend St. Johns Public Schools, the State of Michigan requires the following information be on file BEFORE your child may start school:
• Child's certified birth certificate - this will have the raised seal on it and we will make a copy of it AFTER we verify we have seen the original.
• Child's up to date immunization records - requirements for a child to enter school have changed, please check with your doctor's office or local health department for updates. Need more information, click here.
*To obtain birth certificates and immunization records please refer to: More Information
• A vision and hearing test - A hearing and vision technician will be available at round up to complete this task if your child does not have the documentation from pre-school or a previous physical
• Proof of residency verification - see residency form for options
The following forms will need to be filled out entirely to enable the District to get your child enrolled.
- Student Registration- front and back
- Permission Form
- Concussion/Residency Form
- Transportation Request Form
You will receive a letter from your child's teacher before school starts with more information about the school year. There will be a Kindergarten Orientation and meet the teacher night, which will be scheduled a week before school starts.
This is always an exciting time for students and parents as they enter school. We will do everything we can to make sure this transition goes as smoothly as possible. Please continue to visit our web page to get school updates and information.
Jason Gnegy, Curriculum Director