Oakview South Elementary
- All Oakview students will have the core skills necessary to work toward their chosen college or career path and be productive members of society that think critically to solve problems and pursue lifelong learning.
- Oakview Elementary staff commits to meeting the academic and social needs of all students by creating an environment that is safe for students and promotes high-quality learning experiences.
- All Children:
- Have the capacity to grow and to learn when given tools and opportunities.
- Deserve a safe and respectful learning environment.
- Should have the opportunity to be recognized for their accomplishments.
- Deserve access to a rigorous, well-designed curriculum.
- Should have access to the supports and accommodations needed to achieve personal growth and academic success.
- All Staff will:
- Promote risk-taking to try and learn new things among staff and students.
- Be compassionate, patient and flexible within our school community.
- Collaborate to prepare, plan and problem-solve.
- Engage in ongoing learning to improve content knowledge and educational best practices.
IMPORTANT DATES (ELEMENTARY ONLY)
8/22 Open House for 3rd - 5th Grade
8/27 First Day of School (except preschool)
9/7 Preschool Open House
9/10 First Day for Preschool
(For a complete list of dates & times for the district, please see the district website)
5:00 3rd Grade
5:30 4th Grade
6:00 5th Grade
*The doors will open at 4:30 for 3rd grade students to find their classrooms, meet their teachers, drop off supplies, and view the school. Otherwise the Oakview Open House will be from 5:00 - 6:30.
Class Supply Lists -- 2018-2019
We will provide school supplies for our students, however we recognize that families may want to go school shopping as a way to get ready for the new year. Teachers have listed suggested items in the links below, specific to each grade level. A backpack and gym shoes are also important school items.
We will be using the listed items throughout the year. Please consider purchasing replacement supplies while the sales are running. Donations are always welcome to help keep us stocked. We appreciate your contributions to our class materials, and we thank you in advance for any contributions.
If you need assistance with getting these, just contact the office. Please be sure to label all supplies with your child's name. Thank you!
Please note that supply lists posted in stores are NOT published by St. Johns Public Schools.