St. Johns Public Schools offers all day, everyday kindergarten. Children who will be 5 years old on or by October 1, 2014 or 5 years old on or by December 1, 2014 AND sign a waiver by June 1, 2014 are eligible to attend school in the fall. Kindergarten Registration will be held in each of the elementary buildings this year. We invite you to bring your child with you to meet our staff and enjoy a tour.
Oakview Elementary - March 24, 2014
Gateway Elementary - March 25, 2014
East Olive Elementary - March 27, 2014
Riley Elementary - April 1, 2014
Eureka Elementary - April 3, 2014
If you wish to start gathering your information here is what you will need. Having all your information up to date will help for a calm start to your child's first day of school.
To attend St. Johns Public Schools, the State of Michigan requires the following information be on file before your child may start school:
• Child's certified birth certificate - this will have the raised seal on it and we will make a copy of it AFTER we verify we have seen the original
• Child's up to date immunization records - requirements for a child to enter school have changed, please check with your doctor's office or local health department for updates. Need more infomation, click here.
• A physical within the last year - if your child was in pre-school and the physical is less than one year old, you may use it. Information about health concerns for your child, click here.
• A vision test and hearing test within the last year-this year vision and hearing tests will be given at Kindergarten Registration in your assigned school.
• Proof of residency verification - see residency form for options
If you are able to provide these forms the day you register at your school we will take them, if not, you will have until Kindergarten Orientation and meet the teacher night, which will be scheduled a week before school starts. This should give you time to gather all the information you need and get immunizations and physicals up to date if need be. All documentation is required before your child may start school.
The following forms will need to be filled out entirely to enable the District to get your child enrolled.
Please fill out and return the above forms at Kindergarten Round-Up. You will receive a letter from your child's teacher before school starts with more information about the school year.
You can find the 2013-2014 school calendar here. THIS CALENDAR HAS BEEN UPDATED TO REFLECT THE CHANGES AS A RESULT OF SNOW DAYS. Please note that there are three 1/2 days in this schedule. No lunch will be served on those days, but a mid-morning snack will be provided. The last day of school is not a full day. The dismissal time will be determined at a later date.
Friday, March 7 - NO SCHOOL/Records Day **NEW DATE**
*March 22 - Daddy/Daughter dance 6-8 p.m. at Oakview. Oakview students only.
Monday, March 24 - Kindergarten Registration at Oakview all day. By appointment.
*Friday, March 28 - 1/2 day; students dismissed at 11:25 a.m./NO LUNCH
*April 7 - April 11 - SPRING BREAK
*Friday, April 18 - NO SCHOOL/Good Friday (OAKVIEW)
Tuesday, April 22 & Wednesday, April 23; 4-7 p.m. Parent Teacher Conferences
*Friday, April 25 - NO SCHOOL(OAKVIEW)
*Friday, May 16 - 1/2 day; students dismissed at 11:25 a.m./NO LUNCH/Staff PD
*Monday, May 19 - NO SCHOOL/ELEMENTARY & MIDDLE SCHOOL ONLY/Staff scoring day(OAKVIEW)
*Monday, May 26 - NO SCHOOL/Memorial Day
*Wednesday, June 11 - LAST DAY OF SCHOOL/Early Dismissal/Time TBA **NEW DATE**
Can't find something on our website? Contact me at email@example.com.
Webpage Administrator - Lisa Soros