Kindergarten Registration 2020 - 2021
When: March 12, 2020
3:00 - 7:00 PM
Where: Wilson Center
101 W. Cass St.
St. Johns, MI 48879
St. Johns Public Schools offers all day, everyday kindergarten. Children who will be 5 years old on or by September 1, 2020 are eligible to attend school in the fall. Students turning 5 after September 2, 2020 up until December 1, 2020 will have an opportunity to attend this program this fall.
For the 2020-2021 school year there will be kindergarten classrooms at Eureka (Pre K-5), Gateway (K-2), and Riley (K-5). Oakview will house our town preschool classrooms along with grades 3-5.
Below is a Kindergarten Readiness Pamphlet for parents to review. This will give you an idea of some to the expectations of your child in Kindergarten.
To attend St. Johns Public Schools, the State of Michigan requires the following information be on file BEFORE your child may start school:
• Child's certified birth certificate - this will have the raised seal on it and we will make a copy of it AFTER we verify we have seen the original.
• Child's up to date immunization records - requirements for a child to enter school have changed, please check with your doctor's office or local health department for updates. Our local health department will have a copy of your child's immunization record. You will just need to stop by and pick it up. Their office is located at 1307 E. Townsend Road, St. Johns, MI 48879. (less than 1/2 mile east of US-27) More information is available on the website. Health Department
*To obtain birth certificates and immunization records please refer to: More Information
• A vision and hearing test - A hearing and vision technician will be available at round up to complete this task if your child does not have the documentation from pre-school or a previous physical
• Proof of residency verification - see residency form for options
The following forms will need to be filled out entirely to enable the District to get your child enrolled.
- Student Registration- front and back
- Permission Form
- Concussion/Residency Form
- Transportation Request Form
- Consent for Disclosure of Immunization Information
- Request for Records
You will receive a letter from your child's teacher before school starts with more information about the school year. There will be a Kindergarten Orientation and meet the teacher night, which will be scheduled a week before school starts.
This is always an exciting time for students and parents as they enter school. We will do everything we can to make sure this transition goes as smoothly as possible. Please continue to visit our web page for school updates and information.
Jason Gnegy, Curriculum Director