ST. JOHNS HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC HALL OF FAME
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE 2017 INDUCTION:
Nominations due by March 31. The 2017 Hall of Fame Induction will be held on Friday, August 25.
The SJHS Athletic Hall of Fame celebrates the rich heritage and excellence of Redwing Athletics. The Hall of Fame recognizes both individuals and teams for their exemplary accomplishments, contributions and/or service to SJHS Athletics.
The 2017 SJHS Athletic Hall of Fame Class includes: Amanda E. Becker ('96), Gary C. Boyce ('67), Andy Schmitt ('05), Al Werbish ('65) and C. Luke Wilcox ('92)! See 2017 inductee information on right side menu.
Tickets for the 2017 Induction are now available in the High School Activities Office. Cost is $15 per ticket and includes admission into the VIP Reception from 5-6:30 p.m. and the football game at 7 p.m. Hors d'oeuvres will be served during the VIP Reception. Tickets may be purchased by contacting the Activities Office during the summer hours of 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Phone (989) 227-4134.
Three categories for inductees will be included in the SJHS Athletic Hall of Fame:
- Any person who distinguished himself/herself while a student-athlete at SJHS.
- A student-athlete who completed his/her interscholastic athletic career at SJHS and earned at least one (1) varsity letter.
- A student-athlete who made a significant impact on SJHS athletics, had an outstanding career, demonstrated good character, and achieved acceptable academic standards.
- A student-athlete who graduated from SJHS at least five (5) years prior to nomination and induction into the Hall of Fame.
- Criteria to be considered include: Individual honors, school record holder, outstanding college and/or professional athletic accomplishments.
CONTRIBUTORS TO THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT
- An individual, athletic administrator, coach or staff member who has served SJHS within the athletic field for at least ten (10) years. (May be currently employed at SJHS)
- Other contributors to the SJHS Athletic Department who are not graduates, student-athletes, coaches or administrators, are eligible for induction and may be nominated, detailing the contributions made.
- Contributors must have made a significant impact on St. Johns Athletics. He/she must have had an outstanding career, setting high personal and professional standards.
- Teams are not eligible for induction until five (5) years after the completion of the successful season.
- Criteria to be considered include: Undefeated season, championships, MHSAA tournament success, etc.
DONATE TO THE SJHS ATHLETIC HALL OF FAME
- Although associated with St. Johns Public Schools, the SJHS Athletic Hall of Fame is privately funded with the support of local community members and businesses.
- The longevity of the Athletic Hall of Fame depends on donations which may qualify as charitable contributions for income tax purposes. Receipts are available upon request acknowledging the charitable gift.
- Donations of any amount are welcome.
- Donor Options include Platinum Level ($5,000 or more), Gold Level ($2,500) and Bronze Level ($1,000). See website for more details.
- Those wishing to donate to the SJHS Athletic Hall of Fame can select the PaySchools or Donation link below. Any questions contact the SJHS Activities Office at (989) 227-4134.
NOMINATION DEADLINE/SELECTION ANNOUNCEMENT/INDUCTION
- Nominations must be received at the SJHS Activities Office no later than March 31 each year.
- The induction selection will be announced no later than April 30 each year.
- The 2017 induction of the SJHS Athletic Hall of Fame will be held on Friday, August 25.